Friday, April 23, 2010

Inversion Only

I presented by capstone project on the application of GEP to combinatorial optimization problems today. It went well, and some people may have even understood what I was saying (understandably very few though). One professor that I like a great deal told me that it was my responsibility to present my findings in a paper so the GEP community is aware of the problems I found, the changes I made, and my conclusions about the future applications of this method.
While I would like to do this, I'm not really sure how this would work. I would have to complete the statistical analysis so I could make a strong claim, and do some more analysis of these problems.
I would certainly like to have some papers to my name, but I'm not sure anyone is really interested. It looks to me like I'm the only person thats ever taken this modification of GEP seriously. In fact, I've never heard of anyone using anything but the original and new variations of it, never any of the variations mentioned in the original book.

I guess I'll just see how this plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment