Monday, April 26, 2010

MGEP

So, I finally understand monads, both mathematically (though I'm not so strong on category theory) and as a language construct. Enlightenment finally came while reading the article
http://blog.sigfpe.com/2006/08/you-could-have-invented-monads-and.html

In my normal fashion, I wanted to link what I had just learned to some project or immediate use. What occurred to me was that there is that the concept may be helpful in certain GEP problems. In particular problems that do not exhibit the normal closure property. This would allow a wider range of problems to be solved by GEP. I'm yet to think of a situation in which this would be helpful, but it opens up a world of possibilities for operators as functions with a different return type and params.
Monadic Gene Expression Programming!

No comments:

Post a Comment