Sunday, September 16, 2012

Forth Foundation Library

I've been writing a lot of Forth code recently, and I've discovered that using the Forth Foundation Library has been incredible boost in productivity and simplicity for me. It raises the level of abstraction beyond what I'm used to in C, and makes Forth really pleasant to program in. Anyone interested in using Forth beyond basic toy programs needs to consider this library. I'm currently using the linked list, cell array, argument parsing, enumeration, and format string modules, but I have plans to use at least the random number generation one and possible n-ary tree ones as well. I may even consider playing around with their GTK module, which looks interesting, and the finite state machine ones (there is both deterministic and nondeterministic).

No comments:

Post a Comment